To enroll in DeWitt Public Schools, you must reside within the district boundaries or be able to attend according to board policy.
Enrollment forms are listed below to print and complete or you may pick up paperwork at the Board of Education office. All students are enrolled at the Board of Education office. The office is located at 2957 W. Herbison Road with a separate entrance at the south end of the Middle School. Look for Door #5. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
The parent/guardian must provide the completed paperwork with the following, at the time of enrollment:
- Original Certified Birth Certificate with raised seal (original will be verified & a copy taken for student file)
- Two (2) proofs of Residency
- Immunization Record, up-to-date
Questions? Please contact Tracy, District Registrar, at 517.668.3017 or send an email to email@example.com.
2020-2021 ENROLLMENT FORMS
COMING FEBRUARY 3, 2020
2020-2021 Kindergarten & Young 5s Important Dates
If your child will be 5 years of age by September 1, 2020, and is a resident of the DeWitt school district, it’s time to enroll them for the 2020-21 school year. NOTE: Current, 2019-20 Young 5s will graduate to Kindergarten, no need to pre-register/re-enroll.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2020
1. PRE-REGISTER YOUR CHILD ONLINE - This is pre-registration only, you must also submit all enrollment forms and required documentation for your student to be officially enrolled. NOTE: INDICATING INTEREST IN THE YOUNG 5s PROGRAM DOES NOT GUARANTEE PLACEMENT IN THE PROGRAM.
2. ENROLLMENT FORMS for 2020-2021 will be available . Forms can be printed from the list below or will be available at the Board of Education office, located at Door #5, a separate entrance at the south end of the Middle School. Offices are open Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm. If you are applying for the Young 5 program, be sure to complete the Young 5 Request form as well.
TUESDAY, APRIL 14 @ 6:30pm - PARENT MEETING, SCHAVEY ROAD ELEMENTARY
This meeting will be a parents-only meeting for you to learn about the Young 5s program and Kindergarten, including curriculum. You can take a self-tour of the building, visit with Transportation, Food Service and the KIDS childcare program.
THURSDAY, APRIL 16 – ENROLLMENT FORMS DUE, including YOUNG 5s applications
TUESDAY, MAY 5 & WEDNESDAY, MAY 6 - YOUNG 5s APPLICANT SESSIONS - When enrolling, be sure to schedule an appointment for either a 4pm or 5pm session.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 13 - HEARING & VISION SCREENING APPOINTMENTS - Hearing and vision screening is required for all incoming Kindergarten and Young 5 students. If your child needs a screening prior to attending school, we will be offering free screenings, by appointment, at Schavey Road Elementary. Schedule an appointment when enrolling.
MID-AUGUST – Teacher Placement letters mailed
DATE/TIME TBD, SCHAVEY ROAD ELEMENTARY OPEN HOUSE (week of August 17th) - Families can tour the building and classroom, meet the teacher, see a school bus and play on the playground. Any finalized Open House information will be included with the placement letter.
AUGUST 24 & AUGUST 25 – FIRST DAYS OF SCHOOL, ½ days for Young 5s and Kindergarteners.